Microsoft Edge & Internet Explorer are not supported. Use Google Chrome, Opera browser or Mozilla Firefox.
Welcome to the home of nhb – nerds handbook
In here you’ll find information, tutorials and guides relating to computer security and apps. (Limited) file hosting and mirroring (WIP).
Also information of/from Tinfoil Production.
This domain (*.nhb.cc/*) & (*.wpe.tv/*):
- stores temporary cookies, such as a user session identifier;
- stores cookies (yes/no) for remembering what things have been turned off/closed;
- stores cookies for remembering font size;
- stores cookies for improving the usability of engaging aspects such as the chat room or forum (in particular, auto-saving of partly typed posts);
- stores other kinds of cookie that are mentioned before they are set;
- logs basic information pertaining to your computer including your IP address, web browser name, and operating system;
- stores other information that you explicitly enter, such as your account information, or forum posts;
- if you are logged in, your member profile will update the publicly displayed time that you last visited (which will also be stored in a cookie), and you will show as online (unless you login as invisible).
We may occasionally send bulk e-mails, or matters relating to *.nhb.cc/* to our members. We will not send bulk e-mails or allow others to send bulk e-mails, which we believe would be considered spam.
We will not share private details other than what can be seen in the forum profile and public postings unless legally required to do so.
The staff reserve the right to read any private topics and posts placed on this domain. Any form of conversation made through this domain should be considered viewable by staff. All private posts and posts, whether “deleted” or not, are stored on the server and may be reviewed if we feel we have cause for an investigation. If you do want to keep something private, do not use our services for transmitting it. Situations involving investigations can be anything at our discretion, for example, to investigate specific incidents of our services being used for racism or harassment.
We will not guarantee the accuracy, validity, integrity or security status of any content on this website/domain, and will accept no liability from any issues that may result from it. We do not scan all hosted files for viruses.
User posted content is out of our control unless we have known about the presence of it for at least one full month.
Accounts and your behaviour
Do not join forum more than once (hence creating multiple accounts). If you cannot remember your password, use the “lost password” feature, which is available on the login page. If problems persist, contact the staff. Do not pose as, or willfully act as, a member of staff.
General posting/submission guidelines
- Do not post any copyrighted material for which you have no right to do so.
- Do not repeatedly use strong/harsh swearing or sexual references.
- Do not be too sexually graphic. Do not link to or post pornography, and only mild and non-sexually motivated nudity is allowed.
- Staff have the right to edit, censor, delete or otherwise modify any content message they feel is inappropriate, without any warning given to the poster.
- Do not submit any content that you know to contain viruses or commonly exploited security holes.
- Any content submitted to us, will not necessarily be removed by request. We are not bound to remove submitted content and anything submitted should be assumed to be staying on our servers, publicly accessible permanently. By submitting, you are aware of the consequences of this, and take responsibility of it, and may not at any time insist on content being withdrawn.
- Do not try to bypass the word filter: filtered words are placed in the filter in accordance with guidelines, and obvious misspellings or equally obnoxious alternatives, only serve to work against the wishes of the staff.
- Do not post spoilers (material that reveals information relating to the subject matter of this website/domain before the majority of members have learnt it through the channels they would wish to) in your topic titles. If you wish to post spoilers inside a topic give good warning about their presence, or use the “hide” tag/code.
- Do not post a link to a website that contains material that would be in violation of the rules if posted directly on this domain. Special exceptions may be given by the staff when clear warnings are put in place.
- Do not incite illegal activity, either directly, or by educating with the obvious purpose to make it more achievable (excluding ethical hacking).
Do not spam this domain:
- you must be moderately confident that anything posted will interest at least a minority of the members.
- you must not post material more than once unless there is good reason, from the point of view of other members.
- Do not intentionally disrupt the enjoyment of this domain by other users. “Enjoyment” has a general meaning for the purposes of this rule – for example, robust argument in a debate forum would be considered “enjoyable”, as debaters would wish for it.
- This domain is private properly and hence any form of censorship is allowed at the discretion of the staff – you agree not to consider this domain as a place for free speech if the staff consider it breaks the rules.
Forum and chat in forum.
Be respectful of the opinions of other members, and do not discriminate it based on nationality, sexuality, gender, religion or race. Do not flame or degrade other members. If you have a problem with another members actions, contact a member of staff.
Do not double post (post consecutively in a topic) on the forum unless…
- You have new information to add after several days since your previous post was made
- You are bumping a topic after several days of no replies
- You are quoting various posts, and feel the need to do so in separate posts
Do not complain in-topic about the subject being too far off-topic or otherwise breaking rules. Use the “report post” feature to alert a member of staff instead. Leave it to staff to establish what is and is not acceptable posting.
Chat in forum
In no circumstances may you use the forum(s) to start or continue sexually suggestive dialogue with any member under the age of consent (whichever age is highest between any geographic region where the hypothetical parties are located).
Maximum dimensions; width: 90 pixels, height: 90 pixels, file size: 6.00 KiB.
You may not, unless explicitly given permission by a high-ranking member of staff, try to hack into this domain. For the purpose of this rule, “hacking” includes any technique designed to compromise the security or stability of the domain.
The staff reserve the right to ban any member who breaks any rule, whether the rule is agreed as broken by the alleged offender or not. No warning or explanations needed.